Recommended EZproxy Configuration for PsycNET
T (Title of the link) APA PsycNET
U (URL of the link) https://psycnet.apa.org
D (domain, including the proxy) apa.org
D (each D can add another domain — see below) psycnet.apa.org
The “D” tells the proxy server to continue facilitating requests for any domain ending in apa.org (technically, it could be others as well).
- Current IP information: Be sure all IP address(es) used by your institution’s proxy server are appearing in your APA PsycNet Admin Center > Admin Tools section. Proxy access will be disrupted if the proxy IP list is incomplete. Send any IP updates (additions or deletions) to email@example.com.
- EZProxy version 6.1.12 or later: Earlier versions are incompatible with the TLS 1.2 protocol needed for access.
- SSL configuration: Your EZproxy server must be configured for SSL. View the SSL configuration page on the OCLC help site for more information:
Basic APA PsycNET Access — Proxy Configuration for PsycARTICLES, PsycBOOKS, PsycEXTRA, or PsycINFO
Please view the current version of the recommended proxy configuration stanza on the OCLC help site:
IMPORTANT: As of February 2023, the following entries must be included in your EZproxy stanza:
- NeverProxy https://static.apa.org
- NeverProxy https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com
Update EZproxy Stanza for Management of APA PsycNet Cookie Preferences
As of June 2023, APA recommends adding the Cookie-Law directive to the top of the APA PsycNet stanza:
- If your institution has an OCLC-hosted EZproxy instance: Contact OCLC to request the addition of the cookie-law directive (IncludeFile databases/cookielaw.txt) to the beginning of your institution’s APA PsycNet stanza.
- If your institution has a stand-alone/self-hosted EZproxy instance: Add the configuration block posted on OCLC’s website to the beginning of your institution’s APA PsycNet stanza.
- Please contact OCLC technical support if you have any questions about your OCLC-hosted EZproxy or applying the Cookie-Law block to your self-hosted stanza.
This update corrects an EZproxy bug that can cause the footer banner for APA PsycNet cookie preferences to repeatedly pop up.
Alternatives for Persistent Links
*Note: There is no Browse link for PsycINFO.
EZproxy Access for PsycTESTS & PsycTHERAPY
Proxy Instructions for APA Handbooks
To setup proxy access to APA Handbooks, you will need one stanza for each volume.
T APA handbook of Counseling Psychology, Vol 1
T APA handbook of Counseling Psychology, Vol 2
View the complete list of direct links for all handbooks by volume on the Direct Links to the APA Handbooks help page.