Recommended EZproxy Configuration for PsycNET
T (Title of the link) APA PsycNET
U (URL of the link) https://psycnet.apa.org
D (domain, including the proxy) apa.org
D (each D can add another domain — see below) psycnet.apa.org
The “D” tells the proxy server to continue facilitating requests for any domain ending in apa.org (technically, it could be others as well).
- Current IP information: Be sure all IP address(es) used by your institution’s proxy server are appearing in your APA PsycNet Admin Center > Admin Tools section. Proxy access will be disrupted if the proxy IP list is incomplete. Send any IP updates (additions or deletions) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EZProxy version 6.1.12 or later: Earlier versions are incompatible with the TLS 1.2 protocol needed for access.
- SSL configuration: Your EZproxy server must be configured for SSL. View the SSL configuration page on the OCLC help site for more information:
Basic APA PsycNET Access — Proxy Configuration for PsycARTICLES, PsycBOOKS, PsycEXTRA, or PsycINFO
Please view the OCLC help site for the recommended proxy configuration stanza:
NOTE: As of Sep 27, 2022, you may need to add one or both of the following entries to your EZproxy stanza if APA PsycNet screen displays are not rendering as expected:
- NeverProxy https://static.apa.org
- NeverProxy https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com
Alternatives for Persistent Links
*Note: There is no Browse link for PsycINFO.
EZproxy Access for PsycTESTS & PsycTHERAPY
Proxy Instructions for APA Handbooks
To setup proxy access to APA Handbooks, you will need one stanza for each volume.
T APA handbook of Counseling Psychology, Vol 1
T APA handbook of Counseling Psychology, Vol 2
View the complete list of direct links for all handbooks by volume on the Direct Links to the APA Handbooks help page.