Place a check next to each record you wish to select.
Then you can export citations to your bibliographic software by clicking the Export button.
RefWorks, EndNote, or Mendeley:
- Choose your citation manager from the drop-down menu and click Go.
- Click the Continue with Export link—this will open a new window for your citation manager software.
- If you are not already logged in to the citation management site, you will need to do so to proceed.
- Your citations will be automatically imported.
Other reference software (to export to other bibliographic software, e.g., Zotero):
- Choose Reference Software from the drop-down menu and click Go.
- This creates a .ris file (the standard format for bibliographic software).
- Note that some bibliographic software can be automatically set to detect this type of file extension and will automatically upload your files at this point.
- A dialog box will prompt you to open or save the file.
- If you select open, you will need to browse/select your bibliographic software program and proceed to open the file.
- If you select save, you can save the file and then upload this file to your preferred bibliographic software.
You cannot currently export citations from the PsycEXTRA or PsycTESTS databases.
Tutorial: APA PsycNET: How to Export Citations to RefWorks and Other Reference Management Software (YouTube video; closed captioned)