APA PsycNET usage reports are fully COUNTER-compliant. You can access your institution’s usage data from the Statistics page in the APA PsycNET Admin Center or by logging in to the APA PsycNET usage statistics portal for COUNTER 5 with your administrator account.
Transitioning to COUNTER 5
- If you previously used SUSHI with COUNTER 4, you will need to request new SUSHI login credentials in order to use SUSHI with COUNTER 5; visit our SUSHI help page for details.
- COUNTER 5 (C5) usage data for investigations and requests begins with February 1, 2019.
- COUNTER 4 (C4) usage data will remain available for download as preconfigured reports through March 2020.
Quick facts about usage reporting for APA PsycNET
- View and download your usage data for all APA databases — PsycINFO, PsycARTICLES, PsycBOOKS, PsycEXTRA, PsycTESTS, and PsycTHERAPY — as well as the APA Books e-collections and the APA Handbooks in Psychology.
- Reports contain data for the IP ranges associated with your institution’s APA PsycNET account and show the monthly breakdown of usage and cumulative totals for the custom date range selected. (If you need to check your IP ranges, log in to the APA PsycNET Admin Center.)
- Reports are available for download in the Comma Separated Values (CSV) format.
- In addition to APA’s web service portal, access to usage statistics using the SUSHI protocol is also supported.
- Usage Statistics FAQ’s — answers to many common questions about APA PsycNET usage reporting, including information about the change in metrics for COUNTER 5, report types, and more
- Available COUNTER reports — brief descriptions of available reports, including information about the relationship between C5 reports and their C4 counterparts
- SUSHI — general information on the SUSHI protocol, and SUSHI registration and access to APA PsycNET
- Registration & Passwords for APA PsycNET administrators
- COUNTER’s Friendly Guide to Release 5 for Librarians — detailed information about COUNTER 5 including metrics and reports, comparing Release 5 to Release 4, examples of user scenarios written to assist librarians with the transition from COUNTER 4, and more