My PsycNET is your personalized page. To get started, create a username (user ID) and password. You will be prompted to create a user profile.
My PsycNET allows you edit your user profile, save searches, and set up alerts. It also stores any APA PsycNET Direct purchases you make; APA PsycNET Direct is the pay-per-view platform where users can get transactional access to the databases.
- Maintain your profile at the My Profile tab.
- Sign up to receive email alerts on upcoming journals on the PsycALERTS tab. You can also opt to receive alerts each time a new journal issue is available; when the latest update to PsycCRITIQUES has been added; when PsycTESTS is updated; when new APA Books are released; when articles of your choice are cited, corrected, or receive a comment or reply (see Citation Alerts); and when content is added that matches your customized searches (Topic Alerts).
- Access any APA PsycNET Direct purchases you make at the APA PsycNET Purchases tab. This tab will include items only if you subscribe to an APA Journal or have used APA PsycNET Direct to purchase an article, book chapter, review, or a database day pass.
- You would not be using APA PsycNET Direct if you have a member package or if your institution has site licenses to the databases.
- View, edit, or re-run your saved searches from the Saved Search tab. My PsycNET will save all the details of your search strategy so you can reuse it or modify it in the future. From here you can also manage your search strategy, by setting up an email alert, an RSS Feed, or a Permalink.